Welcome to Southern New Hampshire University’s contest submission page. Below you’ll find updates related to the Fall Fiction and Art Exhibition Contests. Good luck!
FALL FICTION CONTEST
Enter an original short story to the 2020 Fall Fiction Contest for the chance to win up to $3,000 in SNHU scholarships, publication in The Penmen Review and a writing-focused prize package.
Submission Period: Oct. 1-31
Judging Period: Nov. 2-20
Public Voting: Nov. 23 - Dec. 3
The winners will be announced in December.
ART EXHIBITION CONTEST
Thank you to everyone who entered the 2020 Art Exhibition Contest. Congratulations to the winners!
Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU) is accepting submissions for the 6th annual Fall Fiction Contest from Oct. 1 - 31. Submit an original short story during this time for a chance to win an SNHU scholarship and prize package.
This contest is open to everyone – with the exception of SNHU faculty and staff – and there is no entry fee.
A panel of judges will review the entries and determine a group of finalists. Public voting will take place between Nov. 23 - Dec. 3.
Submissions must be:
- Submitted as a Word Document
- Formatted with the writer's name and email address in the top left of the first page
- No longer than 1,500 words
- Limited to one entry per writer
Failure to adhere to these guidelines will automatically remove a submission from consideration in the contest. A complete list of guidelines and contest information may be found here.
SNHU graduates, current students and alumni:
We'd love for you to share your most exciting SNHU moments with us. Because we want to show how far you’ve come.
Video and Photo Moments
There’s not much that can compete with the feeling of getting that package in the mail, excitedly opening it and seeing your diploma – in hand – for the first time. That’s why SNHU wants to share those celebratory moments with you.
In fact, we want to share them with the whole country. That’s because we’re looking for graduates and students to feature in our next commercial campaign! Here’s what we want to see from you:
- Celebrating graduation at home with your family, wearing your cap and gown
- Giving us a tour of where you study, aka your online classroom
- Sharing reactions to seeing your diploma for the first time or surprising a family member by showing them your diploma
Or, you can film yourself answering these questions. (Make sure to wear your SNHU swag if you have any!)
- Why did you choose SNHU?
- SNHU is a place where everyone belongs. How has your experience at SNHU made you feel accepted and like you were in the right place?
- There's so much opportunity to connect at SNHU. How has your experience at SNHU made you feel like you belong to a supportive and thriving community?
- How has SNHU helped remove your self-doubt, and provide validation that you really do belong right where you are: a proud graduate, on your way to pursuing even more goals?
What Do I Need To Do?
If you’re interested in being featured in either opportunity, simply create an account. On the next page, you’ll be able to submit your photo or video.
If you are selected, an SNHU marketing representative will reach out to you with further details. Thank you for submitting and sharing.